Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Winter Landscaper - Part Two

During the winter months of Southeast Michigan landscapers have lots of time between snowfall events.  What they chose to do with that time varies considerably.   It sounds kind of silly but the purpose of being in business is to stay in business.  Being able to work on your business doesn't always come easy for any industry, but if you don't you will have a very high rate of failure.

From my days at Michigan State University, the guidance of my Ameriprise financial advisor  to the many Aquascape, Inc. seminars I have had the idea of constantly improving my business from head to toe pinned to me.  What does this mean?  Well on of the many great things about a business is there is always room to improve.  We can improve how we function as a business, we can change how others see our business and many other things. 

Policies and procedures allow me, the entrepreneur,  to impliment the ideas in my head.  From there my employees can follow the procedure and follow the policies.  Sounds simple but even the greatest companies have to tweak their policies and procedures many times before they are perfected. My winter months afford the time to do just that. 

It will always be our goal to improve Poseidon Ponds & Landscaping from top to bottom so while you are counting the days to spring know we are working hard to serve our clients to the highest level.  So as we get closer  to Spring there is one more part of our Winter Landscaper series, new projects.  Stay tuned for the final installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment