Thursday, September 11, 2014

Never Forget

Today on September 11th, 13 years after a major tragedy on American soil I wanted to take a moment to honor and those that were lost by sharing a photo of the 9/11 memorial and the link to the website so that all my readers can take a moment to never forget.

http://www.911memorial.org/

I will never forget what happened on this day, the many people who were lost and especially all of the hero's that stepped up and did something to help recover and rebuild.

Many years ago I had the opportunity to visit ground zero and the reconstruction efforts.  As a small town kid who grew up in the country I was already floored by Manhattan but when we turned the corner and saw the massive void I was speechless for quite sometime.  I plan to return someday and see everything rebuilt and completed and from looking at the pictures I know that I will find myself without words once again.

Thank you to everyone who has been part of the recovery and rebuilding process and a tremendous thank you to all who continue to protect and serve so I can raise and love my family in the land of the free.  

Poseidon Pond Mann
Cory Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment